Description & Specifications
#140SP Super premium connecting link also known as a master link. This link is used to connect two ends of chain together. Due to the extreme strength of the SP (Super Premium) chain, the connecting link plates are pressed fit only.
140SP Connecting Link Dimensions
- Pitch (P):1-3/4''
- Overall Width (L):2.322''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.500''
- Link Plate Height (h2):1.663''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.219''
- Connecting Link Clip Type:Cotter Pin
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.1
Riveting links are a little more difficult to install over the conventional connecting links that use a slip fit link plate.
Riveting Link Installation Instructions:
- Slip the pin link side through the chain. (Its the link with pins)
- Press/Drive the side plate onto the pin ends until its flush with the end of the pin.
- Then you'll need to drive down the plate until the plate is past the spring clip groove or cotter pin hole. It's recommended to use a hollow punch. Punch inner diameter must be larger than the pin diameter.²
- Finally, insert the spring clip or cotter pin.
² Do not drive the plate too far. This will pinch the roller link and cause a stiff joint that can not move freely.
Never drill the holes of the link plate. This can significantly decrease the strength of the link plate and chain.