Description & Specifications
#160H connecting link for ANSI 160H heavy duty roller chains. The connecting links are also referred to as master links, which are used to connect two ends of chain together.
160H Connecting Link Dimensions
- Pitch (P):2''
- Overall Width (L):2.874''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.562''
- Link Plate Height (h2):1.889''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.281''
- Connecting Link Clip Type:Cotter Pin
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.1
Connecting Link Installation Tips
Spring Clip Connecting Links:
The spring clip should be installed where the opening is facing away from the direction of travel. This will help prevent the spring clips from coming off. Like shown in the diagram to the right.
Careful not spread the clip opening too far apart. This can make the clip more prone to falling off.
Cotter Pin Connecting Links:
Cotter Pin Connecting Links The cotter pins pin legs should be spread about 60° apart. Like shown in the diagram to the left.
Never reuse cotter pins that have been taken off. Never use commercial cotter pins as these are usually not hardened.