Nitro high-quality 240 roller chains are built for strength, durability and reliability. Our chains are manufactured from very specific carbon & alloy steel to achieve the highest level of wear & fatigue resistance through precise heat treatment & shot peening. Nitro #240 chain if fully compliant to the ANSI B29.1 standards, which outlines specific dimensional & strength requirements for Amercian roller chain sizes. ANSI compliance also ensures this chain is compatible with any ANSI #240 roller chain sprocket.
The 240-1R roller chain is commonly referred to as a 3" pitch chain, which is the pin to pin measurement.
240 Roller Chain Dimensions
- Pitch (P):3''
- Inner Width (b1):1-7/8''
- Roller Diameter (d1):1.875''
- Overall Width (L):3.760''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.937''
- Link Plate Height (h2):2.791''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.375''
- Average Tensile Strength:151,016 lbs
- Max Working Load:22,046 lbs
- No. Of Pitches/Links Per 10 Feet:40
- No. Of Connecting Links Included:1
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.1
- Chain Generation:N2
All dimensions listed are nominal values.