Nitro high-quality 40 roller chains are built for strength, durability and reliability. Our chains are manufactured from very specific carbon & alloy steel to achieve the highest level of wear & fatigue resistance through precise heat treatment & shot peening. Nitro #40 chain if fully compliant to the ANSI B29.1 standards, which outlines specific dimensional & strength requirements for Amercian roller chain sizes. ANSI compliance also ensures this chain is compatible with any ANSI #40 roller chain sprocket.
The 40-1R roller chain is commonly referred to as a 1/2" pitch chain, which is the pin to pin measurement.
40 Roller Chain Dimensions
- Pitch (P):1/2''
- Inner Width (b1):5/16''
- Roller Diameter (d1):0.312''
- Overall Width (L):0.654''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.156''
- Link Plate Height (h2):0.469''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.060''
- Average Tensile Strength:4,079 lbs
- Max Working Load:816 lbs
- No. Of Pitches/Links Per 10 Feet:240
- No. Of Connecting Links Included:1
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.1
- Chain Generation:N2