Nitro 40 Roller Chain is a high-quality, ANSI standard roller chain that is manufactured for strength and longevity. Our chains are made from high-quality carbon/alloy steel and are heat treated to increase their strength and durability. Nitro #40 chain is manufactured from our latest N2 Series, which offers industry leading quality features. The rollers are solid cold-forged for smooth contact with the sprocket teeth and to resist distorting under heavy loads. A quality advantage is our bushings, which are a solid cold-forged construction for superior wear resistance. All size 40 chains are pre-loaded to a minimum load required by the ANSI B29.1 industry standard. Lastly all chains the pre-lubricated in a special formulated lubricant through a hot-dipping process for better wear protection.
40 Roller Chain Dimensions
- Pitch (P):1/2''
- Inner Width (b1):5/16''
- Roller Diameter (d1):0.312''
- Overall Width (L):0.654''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.156''
- Link Plate Height (h2):0.469''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.060''
- Average Tensile Strength:4,079 lbs
- Max Working Load:816 lbs
- No. Of Pitches/Links Per 10 Feet:240
- No. Of Connecting Links Included:1
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.1
- Chain Generation:N2
All dimensions listed are nominal values.