Description & Specifications
40A28 sprockets are a ANSI standard size that has 28 teeth and works with #40 roller chain. These sprockets are known as a "Type A", which is a hubless roller chain sprocket. Our 40A28 plate sprockets are a durable, high strength sprocket that is manufactured from 1045CD carbon steel. After manufacturing, the teeth are hardened to help minimize wear, then a black oxide finish is applied for corrosion resistance.
40A28 Sprocket Dimensions
- ANSI Chain Size:40
- Bore (B):5/8''
- Tooth Count:28
- Pitch Diameter (PD):4.466''
- Outside Diameter (D):4.738''
- Sprocket Thickness (T):0.284''
- Hardened Teeth:Yes (HRC 40-50)
- Type Of Finish:Black Oxide
All dimensions listed are nominal values.