Bearings are an essential component of many mechanical systems. They reduce friction and allow rotational or linear movement, enabling machines to work more efficiently and effectively. There are several types of bearings, each designed for specific purposes. We offer a full wide selection of high-quality manufactured Nitro® bearings that offers great performance, durability & reliability.
Types of Bearings:
- Ball Bearings: These are the most common type of bearing, consisting of small balls that rotate within a track. They are used in many applications, including machinery, automotive, and aerospace.
- Roller Bearings: These bearings are similar to ball bearings but use cylindrical rollers instead of balls. They can handle heavier loads than ball bearings and are commonly used in construction equipment and heavy machinery.
- Mounted Bearings: These are bearings that are housed within cast iron or steel stamped housing to mount onto a frame.
- Thrust Bearings: These bearings are designed to handle axial loads and are used in applications where there is a significant amount of force pushing against the bearing.
- Sleeve Bearings: These bearings consist of a cylindrical sleeve that fits around a rotating shaft, providing a low friction surface for the shaft to rotate on. They are commonly used in applications where the load is relatively light, such as electric motors and fans.
- Tapered Roller Bearings: These bearings are designed to handle both radial and axial loads and are commonly used in automotive and industrial applications.