Description & Specifications
C2040 Roller Chain Dimensions
- Pitch (P):1''
- Inner Width (b1):5/16''
- Roller Diameter (d1):0.312''
- Overall Width (L):0.653''
- Pin Diameter (d2):0.156''
- Link Plate Height (h2):0.469''
- Link Plate Thickness (T):0.060''
- Average Tensile Strength:4,079 lbs
- Max Working Load:595 lbs
- No. Of Pitches/Links Per 10 Feet:120
- No. Of Connecting Links Included:10
- Chain Material:Carbon/Alloy Steel
- Industry Standard:ANSI B29.4
Manufactured with solid cold-forged rollers for smoother contact with the sprocket teeth and to resist distorting under heavy loads.
After assembly, all Nitro chains are pre-loaded to a minimum load required by the industry standard. Pre-loading seats the chain joint that eliminates any initial elongation in a new chain.
Pre-lubricated in a special formulated lubricant through a hot-dipping process. This process is critical to ensure the lubricant penetrates and thoroughly coats the internals of the chain. The special lubricant offers better retention (less spin-out) and improved wear protection over chains that are cold-dipped.
Advanced heat treatment is applied to achieve optimum hardness for strength and wear resistance.
To combat fatigue failure from repetitive loads & wear, a compressive stress layer is added through shot peening.
Product Care & Maintenance
Maintenance and lubrication is crucial in the overall performance and life span of roller chain. Proper lubrication will reduce abrasion, chain wear, friction, noise and keep chains running cooler at higher RPM's. You can download the Nitro Roller Chain Care below.